What is the best skincare regimen?
This is one of the most common questions I get each day! I always recommend the products that have the most scientific evidence supporting their use. There are so many products out there and it can be overwhelming. Here is what I personally use (and is backed-up by medical studies):
1. Cleanse with gentle cleanser like CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser. Pat dry.
2. Immediately apply 4-5 drops of Vitamin CE with ferulic acid.
Wait several minutes (I go do something else and let it dry).
3. Apply CeraVe PM Moisturizing Lotion if a normal skin day or CeraVe Moisturizing cream if it is a dry day.
4. Apply UV Clear Defense sunscreen to face and chest. Leftover goes on the hands.
5. Apply makeup (if applicable).
1. Cleanse wth CeraVe Foaming Cleanser to remove makeup. Cleanse again with a Clarisonic.
2. Dry face thoroughly. Apply pea-sized amount of prescription strength retinoid to entire face.
3. Moisturize with either CeraVe PM or cream.
And that's it! We do have specialty serums and creams to target specific concerns like wrinkles, brown spots, acne, etc but these are based on individualized needs.
I also do recommend mixing in a preventative procedure from time-to-time to optimize your skincare. Things like Botox, SkinPen microneedling, or IPL can help prevent premature aging.
Come see us today and we are happy to provide personalized recommendations!"
--Lauren Kyle, MD, Board Certified Dermatologist